Thursday, September 14, 2006

How I Do It! (And how the greats did it) and How You Can Do It Too

As you'll see from previous postings here, although I consider myself quite an all-rounder as a writer, it's poetry that I often find myself coming back to.

With that in mind, I think it's high time I told you about a beginners' guide to writing poetry that I have been busy putting together.

The Guide will be in electronic form (which makes it easy to distribute via email) that's taken me some time to write but will soon be ready for release to the public.

As a taster, meanwhile, I've prepared a smaller but still useful ebook, extracted from the full length course, with lots of useful tips to get you started, with examples from my own work and suggestions for further reading.

In the book I tell you a little about my favorite poets, and why I think you may like them, too.

I suggest ways of beating the dreaded writers' block (if it really exists) and how you can decide what kind of poet you are or want to be.

I give you ideas on how to choose themes and even how to write when you have 'nothing to say'.

I explain some of the terminology of poetry and some of the poem forms you might encounter and those you might attempt yourself.

Who knows, you may be the next Lord Byron, or maybe Simon Armitage or Wendy Cope.

If you would like a copy of the guide, completely free to help you get started, drop me an email, or leave a message here, and I'll send you yours as quickly as I can.

Writing poetry has been one of the most fulfilling and satisfying things I've done in my life. It's helped me to understand and express some of life's less tangible thoughts and feelings, and I love to share it with others.

Now I'd like to share my methods and techniques, and a few of my thoughts and ideas with a new group of people. People who are ready and keen to attempt poetry for themselves, maybe for the first time.

As it's completely free (did I mention that?), you've nothing to lose by emailing me now for your copy.

Roy

No comments: